ODISSI BEGINNERS MODULE
Online Odissi Class
ODISSI BEGINNERS BLUEPRINT is for beginners without any experience and is ideal for children above 9 years. It will introduce you to the scintillating world of Odissi (Indian Classical Dance form) which is a combination of subtle, graceful movements , rhythmic footwork , stylish hand gestures and beautiful expressions. The interactive modules will make you familiar with the basics of this scintillating dance form. Click the button below to access the course.
Join Our Live Online Odissi Dance Classes
One on one mentoring through live interaction
A self-contained course to introduce to you the intricacies of Odissi which is a combination of subtle, graceful movements, rhythmic and percussive footwork, stylish hand gestures and beautiful expressions.
This course is best for those who are genuinely interested in Odissi. It is appropriate for beginners as well as for people who already know the basic techniques, still wish to polish it. It is also great for people who are generally interested in improving the skills in terms of grace, strength, stamina and rhythmic understanding, may be for personal or artistic growth.
LIVE ONLINE ODISSI DANCE COURSE CONTENT
Skills & Techniques
- Basic stances: Understanding the correct posture of Chauka , Tribhanga, Abhanga and Sama bhanga.
- Bhoomi Pranam: Understanding the importance of paying salutation to mother earth and why it is performed.
- Torso movement.
- Basic steppings in Chauka and Tribhanga.
- Tala with Bols (spoken rhythm),hand clapping for developing rhythm sense and footwork).
- Mudras (hand gestures) used in Odissi, their meanings and usage.
- Head, neck and eye movements.
- commonly used foot and leg positions.
- Bhangis, elaborate body postures.
Online Odissi Dance Class details
This course will be delivered through live online mode.
- Language of Instruction – English
- Classroom size – 5 per group.
- Total course duration – 25 classes (2 classes per week).
- Class duration – One hour .
- Class Slots – available slots to be discussed only after registration .
Features of the module
- Interactive sessions & group practice.
- Demonstration of each stage with verbal guidance.
- Queries & clarification of doubts during the sessions.
- Follow up tasks through interactive digital modes.
- One on one doubt clearing sessions for serious learners on prior appointment.
Registration is open for our Beginners Module.
Subscribe to Lasya Channel for the tutorials, discussion and live events. The channel provides content with step by step demonstrations which makes it easier for the students to refer & practice as per their convenience. The contents are updated on a regular basis to enrich the learning process.